Monday 24 August 2015

Thing 10 - Live Streaming

What can I say?  - Gutted!  I was all ready for the Rudai 23 Hangout, I'd opened up & checked everything was ok.  I'd looked through the proposed questions & jotted down possible answers, I'd re-read all my blogs.  Everything seemed fine, so I sat & waited & ................ nothing!  I can't work out what I did wrong.  I use Skype a lot, so it's not like I'd never used that type of thing before.  I kept re-reading the Thing 10 about Google hangouts to see if I'd missed something.  In the end all I could do was watch the YouTube live feed.  I was so cross with myself!

Anyway rant over  It was interesting to hear what the others were saying, although the audio feed was quite poor, & it kept freezing a bit.  Although it was the first time I'd "used" Hangouts, I wasn't as inpressed with it as Skype, it was a bit jumpy, & hard to hear, & that can't have been totally my machine, as it's the same one I use with Skype.

However, I can see the usefulness of it for work purposes.  Because of the Feltag Report, we have to deliver some modules on line and if the students have any difficulties, then we could use this for mini workshops, especially with work based learners.
 
Why have a stuck a picture of Daleks in my blog?  I've just re-read it & it's a bit negative, so I thought I'd cheer it up a bit.
 
I'm not going to give up on Hangouts, & if someone can please let me know where I went wrong, I'll be eternally grateful.
 
Onwards and upwards to thing 11 ........

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carol,

    Just so you know, I did send you an invitation to the Hangout yesterday evening, at about 8:15pm. I've checked into this, and it seems that because the email address that we have for you is not a gmail address, the invitation may not have gone through. Hangouts only work within the eco-system of Google Accounts.

    Can you send me on a gmail address that you can use, and I will have a hangout with you just so that you can see what it is like.

    Watne

    ReplyDelete