Tuesday 4 August 2015

Thing 8 - Curation Tools

Hi again

I really enjoyed this.  I've briefly used Pinterest before & I quite like it.  We have one set up for the LRC at work for the students to know what is going on, however in my view it hasn't been advertised enough, so when the new term starts in September I'm going to push it more.  I love the visual aspect of it & the ease of use.  My only problem - which isn't totally Pinterests fault is, it doesn't work properly on the Colleges Internet Explorer & I have to remember to open Crome, but that's not a big issue.

Flipboard is new to me & I really like it.  There are so many interesting articles on there I could have sat reading all day - but work won't let me!!  I have made a start on flipping a magazine together, but will spend more time later & have a good read at lunchtime, I'll download it to my IPad later too.  I may even set up a personal account to keep private just for me.  I'm also going to bring this up at our next team meeting as I feel we can get a lot out of this.

Storify - not quite as excited by this, although I think that could be that I haven't got my head round it properly yet.  I have set up an account, but will have a closer look at it at a later date.

This was a very useful Thing 8 for me.  Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Hi

    It is great to hear that this has been a very useful thing for you! Thanks for the feedback. Glad that you have been impressed by the intro to Flipboard....it's one of my favourite apps. I sometimes find that I get news articles faster into my Feedly feed, but that is probably more to do with the way I've set up Flipboard than any fault of the app itself.

    The Rudai23 Team

    ReplyDelete