Friday 4 September 2015

Thing 14 - Augmented Reality

This is something that has been tried in our Library.  But I'm afraid the students didn't take to it.  We used Layer.  It was the IT bods who developed it & we suggested things to go in it.  It was really quite whizzy & I thought the students would take to it more than the tutors.  We had a special event where it was launched & special "Layer" posters were placed all around the place.  Within a couple of weeks it had virtually been forgotten.

A similar thing happened when we started using Q R Codes.  No-one looked at them.

From a personal point of view I think it's a really thing, & maybe when I get my head around the new Planet E-Stream I may have another look at it & see if it would be a good thing, & ask the new intake of students if they would be likely to use it.

I feel a bit as though I've copped out of this one a bit, but there isn't much else for me to say on it.

Sorry!

1 comment:

  1. It takes along time and a lot of planning for these kinds of tech to bed in, probably at least a year. And it has to offer some value for the students that they cannot get anywhere else. Glad to hear you tried it out anyway.

    The Rudai23 Team

    ReplyDelete