Wednesday 29 July 2015

Thing 7 Podcasts

Although I found it interesting, we don't use podcasts at work because we have other stuff we use.  I personally don't use that sort of thing at all, so I'm afraid you won't find a homemade podcast on here.  I have however looked at others, have to admit I found the "circulating ideas" too American.

I can see the use of them & if I felt I would use them I would into them deeper, but at this stage that's not going to happen.  They would be a good educational tool, for some people, but we have a new "streaming" system & I need to get my head around that.

Sorry this is a short blog, but for now I am going to pass on this.

2 comments:

  1. Hi

    It's okay to say one of the Things doesn't suit you right now. At least you had a chance to look at the Thing and decide for yourself.

    I haven't gotten into podcasting for my students (yet), as I have enough other avenues open with them already. But, I have to say, I do like listening to podcasts when I'm on my own in the car, or out cutting the grass. I tend not to listen to anything related to my job, but rather comedy shows. I don't know if you are familiar with the television show "QI" (hosted by Stephen Fry). I find it very informative and entertaining, and the people behind the show do a weekly podcast of interesting and funny facts.

    If you are stuck for something to listen to on the commute (or cutting the grass), there are hundreds of podcast topics that you might find interesting, and that might be a way into that medium for you, rather than looking for a work related one straightaway.

    The Rudai23 Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know quite a few people who do that, & do occasionally listen to Fighting Talk if I miss it. But to be honest when I'm commuting I listen to books!! Spoken word books are just the best! However thanks for your reply, I do feel better about it.

    ReplyDelete