Tuesday 14 July 2015

Linkedin and My personal brand.

I have been on Linkedin for a while, but never really use it much.  I am hoping that now I will use it more professionally and develop a good professional network.  I struggled to join the Rudai 23 group to begin with as I tried to find it from Linkedin, but had to resort to using the link from the Blog as it didn't come up.

My personal brand is very personal to me.  I hate with an absolute passion having my photo taken.  Therefore all my photos are either of my late dog Jess, on my personal things like Facebook etc, or a Dalek on my work things.  The students think it's great that their Librarian's photo is of a Dalek, it makes me seem more real to them in a strange way - I'm normal (well I think  am)!!!.I have never taken a selfie in my life & will continue to avoid doing so as long as possible.

As regards searching myself of Google.  All seems well, & no impostors yet as far as I can see.

Back to Linkedin to see what else is on there .........................

2 comments:

  1. Hi. Great post! Just in Daleks, I got the chance to get into one once. A guy I worked with bought one from the BBC and had it in his living room!

    The Rudai23 Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is my life ambition to have a full size dalek I can climb into!! I have a full size cardboard cutout - which is great- but not the same!!

    ReplyDelete