Wednesday 29 July 2015

Thing 5 - Online networks

As a regular user of both Facebook and Twitter this wasn't too much of a trial.  My only problem was finding a list in Twitter, but that was because of our archaic computer system at work which is using a browser miles out of date, so it threw me out.  I will however try again at home. 

I'm looking forward to a #rudai23 twitter chat, I find those very useful. 

I think Facebook is a good professional tool, we use it at work to try & reach the students & draw them into the LRC - as we do Twitter.  We also use twitter for each of the subject areas - using the hashtag, to let them know when any new resources are in - books, e-books etc.  I still enjoy Facebook as a fun & social tool, but I can see & do use both sides of it.

I have ploughed through the list of  Facebook groups for Librarians & just don't know where to start - there's so many I want to link up to!!  Anyone got any advice please on which are the best & how many to join as I don't want to get too bogged down!!  Thanks

1 comment:

  1. Hi

    I've shared your post on Twitter just now.....maybe someone on there will be able to point you towards the Facebook groups for librarians that they are part of.

    The Rudai23 Team

    ReplyDelete