Wednesday 29 July 2015

#thing4

Before this "Thing" I knew nothing about Hangout.  I have always used Skype,  but to be honest I found this one really interesting & I learnt a lot.  As we are going to have to deliver most of our sessions on-line,  this looks really interesting and the students may be more into Google features than we are.  I was able to chat to my partner, but as yet I no other connections on Hangout. 

I have always used Google as a search engine, and I knew there were other "strings to it's bow"  However I never realised just how much more there is.  I found it really interesting & look forward to connecting up with other users.

1 comment:

  1. Hi

    Google is HUGE! There are so many services that it provides.

    If you are an Android phone/tablet user, then you should start getting very familiar with Hangouts, as Google are really starting to push it as the default messaging app in Android. It is also availabe on iOS. If you download that app and set it up with your gmail account, I bet you'll see lots of your contacts are using it, you just maybe weren't aware of it before. It is a really good alternative to Skype, as it seems to be less demanding on the internet connections (I've made video calls to Canada over 3G on my phone with Hangouts). Just like Skype, video and voice-only calls between Hangouts users are free, as are text and picture messages.

    The Rudai23 Team

    ReplyDelete