Thursday 1 October 2015

Thing 21 - Creating Infograpghics

Help!  I found this really hard.  I'm not sure why.  I've opened accounts in both.  I made a poster in Piktochart but I don't think very successfully.  I watched the video, but still didn't really get it, but this is my attempt.
















Module 1 is what we are working on at the moment, so I used this as a promotional tool, but i'm not sure I've got that right.

The other one - Easel.ly - well I'm afraid I really didn't understand it.  I'm not a total technophobe, but I felt like it looking at this.  I looked at the ones on Pinterest & they seemed quite whizzy compared to what I could achieve, so I'm afraid I deleted my attempts (a little in frustration I have to admit)

Having worked my way through the "Things", some have been easier than others obviously, I was beginning to feel a little more confident with things, but this has thrown me.  I suppose sometimes it's better to stick with the things that you know & feel confident with.

I'm not saying I won't look at these again, but not at the moment.

I think I have seen infographics in and around libraries, but I don't know how they were done & if I have really grasped what infographics means.

Feel a bit daft now, but I think I have failed on this "Thing"

Carol
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi

    First of all, there is no such thing as "failing" a thing! Secondly, you have demonstrated that you tried both technologies, figured out that one of them was not for you, and managed to produce a good looking poster with the other. That's far from a fail!

    It is okay to say a technology doesn't suit you, and even to say that you might never use it again. What is important is that you found that out by trying it for yourself and making an informed judgement call.

    The Rudai23 Team.

    ReplyDelete