Thursday 1 October 2015

Thing 19 - The legal side of things

If I'm honest I don't really think I've thought about the legal side of things while writing these blogs!  On my last one I did remember to say where the photo was from, but on others I know I forgot.

To me it seems crazy to admit that, as copyright is something I have to keep an eye on at work.  With all the Subject Guides I've had to produce, I've had to make sure that any images etc I have used have been referenced.

I teach Harvard referencing to students, therefore I know the importance of it all.  I don't know if because I am just writing what I want to say rather than quoting from anyone else, I haven't given it much thought, but the images I've added - fortunately not many - it hasn't crossed my mind.

When I get a bit of time I'll have a look back.  It is so easy to forget about these things, & the students must feel the same way.  Mind you that's why I'm there to teach about such things.

Carol

1 comment:

  1. Hi

    It's such an important thing to get right! The consequences for not referencing properly can be huge, ranging from losing grades in an assignment to criminal action. Glad to hear you're teaching it properly, even if you forgot to apply it to some of the pictures yourself!

    The Rudai23 Team

    ReplyDelete