Tuesday 6 October 2015

Thing 22 - Mobile Things

Is there really only one left after this?  I'm actually going to miss it!!  Anyway back to the thing ....

I love the Gum app.  What a great thing to come up with.  I've scanned a couple of bar-codes & I scanned the Fault in Our Stars, but there was only one other comment there.  I like the way it's like having a little book club on your phone.  I know you can scan other products, but I think I'll save it for books.  I'm going to put it out on Facebook too - quite a few of my friends use Goodreads, so I think they may like it too.

The Beacons idea I also really like - but as there is a cost implication I know that isn't going to happen here at the moment.  However I can see it working really well in an academic library.  The students would know when they were having an information skills lesson, or Harvard etc.  We could let them know when we are running events as well.  Obviously we let them know all these things now, but doing it this way I think we would reach even more students.  So when the financial situation improves I will show the rest of my colleagues & grovel a little!!

I don;t have a problem using my mobile phone for work things, but the powers that be don;t like us to be seen with our phones.  Dinosaurs comes to mind.  The 23 mobiles Things sounds useful & that is my next task to have a look at that.

Taken from How to draw funny cartoons .com 

1 comment:

  1. Hi

    Wow, you didn't waste any time getting up to speed! I'm glad you liked the Gum app.

    The Rudai23 Team.

    ReplyDelete